Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Top 10 Essentials for Your Home Gym

Here are my recommendations for "the Top 10 Essentials for Your Home Gym." I have all of these items myself. Since I am a busy working mother like many of you, I find that having these items at home helps me to get in my workout, no matter how busy the day gets. I can also break up a workout pretty easily if the kids or responsibilities are too distracting.

None of these items are expensive either. Most can be purchased for $10-25 at your local online or retail store.

  1. One or more Medicine Balls
  2. An Exercise or Body Ball
  3. A set of Free Weights
  4. Cables and Bands
  5. CD's - Yoga, Pilates, TurboJam, or whatever exercises you like best.
  6. Mats - Yoga or Pilates
  7. A Pedometer
  8. Fat Calipers
  9. An Ab-roller
  10. Pull-up and push-up bars

I'm going to add another one of my favorite tools for shedding fat and staying slim and that's your good old run-of-the-mill "skipping rope".

You'll find a lot of these products at Wal-Mart, at Amazon.com or at may online retail stores.

Good luck building your home gym. Depending on your budget, you can add an item every few weeks. Pretty soon you'll have a complete Women's Health and Fitness arsenal.

I'm off for Sunday night dinner with the family.

Until tomorrow. "Healthy. Fit. Living Fully."

Sandy Huard, President
Women's Health Supply International


No comments: