Thursday, January 3, 2008

Today is a New Day

Well, I had those workout clothes on yesterday, but I didn't work out...

Why? Does it really matter? We all have excuses as to why we don't do things, not enough time being the #1 excuse (at least for me). Anyway, I don't beat myself up over it. I've got the workout clothes on again and I know that I will get in my fitness workout in today (sometime). So what's the harm if I skip a day?

Anyway, I wanted to talk about a little weekend trip my spouse and I took in December. We went to a health and wellness spa in a place called Bancroft in Ontario, Canada. It is called Grail Springs. It was a fantastic weekend. We learned a lot about how toxic the food we eat really is and how toxic our environment is to our overall health. Removing toxins can be done through detoxification techniques (e.g., an ionic cleanse) or through "juicing" (basically having organic fruit and veggies in juice format for 1-several days) or taking various supplements (e.g., Acidophilus) in combination. Before doing it, I suggest you get a book that guides you. I'll make some recommendations in a later post.

While at Grail Springs, we were fed a very nutritious diet of organic "alkaline" foods, minimizing "acidic" foods (the ideal split is a diet 75% alkaline to 25% acidic). The basic premise of an alkaline diet is that organic alkaline foods prevent a number of bacteria and other substances from proliferating in our bodies, particularly in our colon. Colonic cleanses eliminate all of the "guck" that has been stuck to the walls of our colon for eons. This digested food matter can cause a whole host of health problems, colon cancer for one.

I'm not suggesting that you eat an alkaline diet, but I do suggest that you investigate it further. It is fascinating really. The owner of Grail Springs was a wheelchair-bound extremely ill woman until she changed her diet to an alkaline one of strictly organic foods. Now she is a vibrant 50-something energetic and vital woman. There are many other stories out there of people with cancer that have chosen a holistic way of curing themselves. And, many, many successes to boot.

Have a great healthy, fit and fantastic day. Until next time, try a daily drink of hot water with lemon to help convert your body to an alkaline pH. Heck, it's worth a try.

Healthy. Fit. Living Fully. Ciao for now.

Sandy Huard, President, Women's Health Supply International

No comments: