Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Healthy. Fit. Living Fully.

"Healthy. Fit. Living Fully." is our company's tagline because these are my own personal health, fitness and wellness goals. However, these are also goals shared by many of the empowered, sophisticated, technologically-savvy, 78 million strong "baby boomer" generation. Why? Well, because “50 is the new 30” for one thing. We are living longer and we want life to be the best it can be.

We may be single, widowed, have young children, grandchildren, parents who need home care, etc. One thing is for sure, with experience under our belts, we want to live the remainder of our more "enlightened" existence healthfully and happily. To do that, we need to be healthy, fit and live life to the fullest. Travel, shop, serve others, radiate our beauty from within, exercise our political will - in a nutshell, do what we want with our lives because we now realize that we are the creators of our world. We want to take charge of the journey and direct it towards the achievement of our goals.

That's why, after a number of university degrees under my belt, many years in senior-level marketing positions in the corporate world, I had had enough. It was time to start that business I had dreamed of for many years. “But what kind of business I asked myself?” It had to be something I was passionate about; something that would help me to contribute to the betterment of the lives of others. "Women's health, fitness and wellness" came to mind instantly. I'll talk more about this tomorrow and in subsequent posts.

So, for 2008 and beyond, join me and make "Healthy. Fit. Living Fully." your goals too. Share with me your hopes, your dreams and your goals for your life and the lives of those you care about most. Health and fitness, health and wellness, natural health, whatever you want to talk about, I’m hear to listen.

Until tomorrow, be good to yourself... As for me, I ate well today and I am dressed in my workout clothes, ready for a 30 minute strength-training session ... wish me luck :=)

Sandy Huard, President, Women's Health Supply International

No comments: