Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Top 10 "Women's Health and Fitness" Magazines

I had mentioned previously that in the past 2 years, I have read over 200 health and fitness magazines for Women (cover to cover). I wanted to highlight my choice for "The top 10 Women's Health and Fitness Magazines."

There are a lot of great "women's health and fitness" magazines and magazines that "discuss women's health and fitness". Some are focused on the everyday woman who is a health and fitness enthusiast, others are geared toward the bodybuilder or fitness model, others are more diversified in their approach (e.g. discussing things like beauty products and applying make-up).

Before disclosing my "absolute favorite" Women's health and fitness magazine, I wanted to give you a listing of the other 9 of my favorites. In no particular order, here are the ones I've read regularly and find to be highly useful and informative. Depending on my frame of mind, I may choose to read one over the other on any given night, but as a group they give me everything I want and need (i.e. motivation and information).

  1. Oxygen Magazine
  2. Women's Health Magazine
  3. Shape Magazine
  4. Self Magazine
  5. Fitness Magazine
  6. Prevention
  7. Muscle and Fitness Hers
  8. Health
  9. Anything from Ediets.com (although it is online only)

Now for my "Absolute Favorite Women's Health and Fitness Magazine" .... Drum Roll Please...

My Absolute Favorite Women's Health and Fitness Magazine is FitnessRx.

It is excellent in every sense of the word. For those of you who are serious about knowing as much as you can about health, fitness and wellness, you are sure to find what you are looking for in an easy-to-read format. There is so much scientifically-based information, rather than a whole lot of fluff, that you are guaranteed to have a great take on current research in the Health and Fitness industry. The scientific findings and information are also laid out in very manageable chunks. Not only is it easier to absorb smaller articles, but the articles are written in an interesting way, so as not to present the research as dry and uninteresting.

But it's not just "all science" for the information-geek like me. It has something for every woman. From yoga, to pilates, to strength-training, to cardio, to body-sculpting, to nutrition, to advice about your sex life, you'll find it all. I particularly like the section called "MediterrAsian diet", which gives great information and fantastic recipes based on this heart-healthy diet.

In addition, I like the "body particulars" section that highlights one area of the body and gives you one or more strength-training exercises to work that area. The anatomy is very well-explained, giving you a good understanding of where the particular muscle group is located and how it is structured. This helps you to target that area more effectively.

I could go on for hours about "Fitness Rx". But, I'll leave it to you all to check it out.

I'm off to work out again late in the evening ... So, until tomorrow.

"Healthy. Fit. Living Fully." is worth it.

Sandy Huard, President, Women's Health Supply International

No comments: